Oct 20, 2013

Completely in love

Hi everybody! I am so completely in love! I'm in love with my furry baby (kitten)! She's been with us a few days and her name is Nala. I'll be honest I'm very obsessed with her cuteness at the moment, but I promised myself I wouldn't go bananas with pictures of her today.. So here is one picture of her. And if you're also a furry-baby-lover then here are some more pictures of her..

 
Now for the YoP update! The star stitch blanket is now finished and ready to be donated! (I plan to make few more blankets before donating) I'm happy to have 'mastered' the star stitch! What stitch will be next?


And after I finished the rice pillow (which Nala totally stole to keep as her pillow and toy, and ofcourse I let her get away with it), I made some schnuggle packets (same pattern) to gift to my friends.

 
I know, I just squeezed another picture of Nala in, I just couldn't help it!

 
I experimented with different sizes and liners and fillings, on which I will elaborate in a more detailed post tomorrow!

And last but not least, I have bought some yarn - which was of course, absolutely necessary - to make the Microwaveble Bag Christmas presents for my family. I plan to make those bigger than the schnuggle packets.

 
My updated YoP list here! Hope you all have a great week!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not normally a cat person but even I have to admit Nala is high on the cute scale !! Love the yarn and looking forward to seeing what you make with it.

fairyhedgehog said...

Nala is adorable! I looked at all the pictures and I wanted more!

Ylva said...

Love love LOVE furry babies! Nala is the cutest :D

Anonymous said...

How cool to make microwaveable rice packets with yarn. I know I've seen some in material. Those make great gifts for hands to warm during cold weather. The new kitten is adorable. Why can't cats come in that size? There are miniature dogs.

Florence said...

What are you filling your little pillows with? Nala is adoreable!

Sam I Am...... said...

Oh she's a cutie alright! I found a pattern on Ravelry that is little mice that you put catnip in. I'm making them for my cat for Christmas...don't tell! LOL!
I love your colors and your yarn plans! I haven't tried the star stitch before but I like it and your rice pillows too.

Minding My Own Stitches said...

I love her too. I think she could probably be included in every picture! I was just thinking this morning that I might need to make some heat therapy mitts ... kinda like the microwaveable bags but double-sided and large enough to get your whole hand in!

Unknown said...

Hi Ruth! I'm fan of all sweet animals, I used to have a lovebird! When he past away my fiance and I decided to get a new pet. But fiance is more a cat-person than a dog-person so now we have Nala!

Fairy & Ylva, I couldn't agree with you more ;-)

Hi Stephanie, I hope my family will be happy with their hotpacks, it can be quite cold where they live! There are actually miniture breed cats available called ´teacup cats´ or ´midget cats´ but I wouldn´t trade Nala for the world!

Fofo, I´ve experienced with rice and flaxseed. I´ve just written a more elaborate post about it here±
http://lilygetscrafty.blogspot.nl/2013/10/schnuggle-packets-and-cozy-wraps.html

Unknown said...

Minding My Own Stitches what a wonderful idea! Would you happen to have a pattern in mind?

Unknown said...

Hi Sam I Am! I love that idea! Nala doesn't really pay attention at store-bought toys, but handmade toys she loves! I'm going to look up that pattern right now!

Lucy Bowen said...

I like the look of the star stitch and the pillows are lovely and brilliant presents - but the star of the show is obviously Nala!

Unknown said...

Thank you Lucy! Nala is an attention seeker alright! ;-)

Lily Links

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...